Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the veterinary conditions for horses participating in the Pedro Torres Academy Cup?
- All horses must have an equine identification Document issued by their countries of origin.
In the case of horse competitions, the horses' passports must be available for national veterinary supervision to the responsible person at the racetrack within 1.5 hours prior to the start of the event in which the horse participates.
The horse passport shall state that:
(a) the horse has been vaccinated against equine influenza (equine influenza) according to the vaccination schedule given by the vaccine manufacturer and must be immune. The last vaccination must be carried out no later than 14 days before the lead,
(b) the horse over 12 months of age has been tested laboratory for infectious anemia of the horse EIA – Coggins test with negative result; this examination must not be older than 12 months.
(c) the horse has been vaccinated against equine rhinopneumonia caused by equine herpesvirus (EHV) according to the vaccination schedule given by the vaccine manufacturer and must be immune to the disease or the horse has been laboratory tested for the presence of equine herpesvirus by PCR from a nasal swab sample with negative results; this examination must not be older than 10 days (the date of sampling is decisive).
Horses that cross the border from the EU to the Czech Republic must have TRACES - this document is also necessary to participate in the Pedro Torres Cup. This document will be issued to you by your veterinary office based on the control of your horse by your veterinarian.
2. Do I need a special certificate to participate in the Pedro Torres Academy Cup - specifically the cattle test?
- No certificate needed. On Saturday, at dinner together, will there be a discussion from our certified cattle judges and maybe Pedro Torres will add some helpful tips? :-) The cattle test is not required. the rider does not have to complete this part. but it would be a shame - cattle test is fun :-)
4. What if the weather will be bad?
- Never mind, the Equestrian Center has riding indoor arenas. It would be a pity not to use the beautiful large outside arena for trails, but all disciplines can take place in a large indoor hall.
5. What is the price of admission for viewers?
- Entrance to the Pedro Torres Academy Cup is free, spectators are very welcome. Food and drink will be available.